The following criteria are established for this award:
· Applicant must have a high school diploma
· Applicant must reside in Kaskaskia District #501
· Applicant must have at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average
· Applicant must be enrolled a minimum of 6 credit hours
· Applicant must submit a personal letter indicating educational and life goals and include need for this scholarship
· This scholarship will be for the amount of $500 and will be credited to the recipient’s account at Kaskaskia College and is restricted to tuition, fees, and books purchased through the Kaskaskia College Bookstore
· A member of the Hellmann Family may sit on the selection committee, if desired.
"The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." – Dr. Suess