Req. # 12123
Title: Program Mgt Consultant
Location: St. Louis, MO
The Program Management Consultant is responsible for applying the skills, knowledge, and project management tools and techniques to the project activities in order to complete project objectives. This position will initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close by utilizing project management processes and tools. These projects could encompass any project related to Ameren's business or technical environment.
- Responsible for the overall success of projects; manages the full project life cycle including operational turnover
- Develops and/or participates in the creation of business cases, project charters, project plans, work breakdown structures (WBS), scope, quality measures and other project related material as required
- Directs, oversees, and evaluates project team members. Defines roles and responsibilities for business, development, operations and each team member including Ameren employees and System Integration teams - consultants.
- Manages project budget, reviews and approves invoices, develops project cash flow, revises project budget and forecasts as needed
- Manages client relations to set project expectations, priorities, and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments to the project team and stakeholders
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Accounting, or Engineering is required. PMP Accreditation preferred.
Experience: Six or more years of related experience managing complex projects (i.e., cross functional team management, large project teams, large organizational impact, multi-million dollar projects, etc.) is required. Nine or more years of relevant professional/project management experience in IT, Engineering, or Finance may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Other: Proficiency with MS Project or Primavera Project Management software is preferred. Experience with systems such as budgeting and project costing also preferred. Excellent communication, organization, and human relations skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees.
*Salary depends upon individual’s credentials and position market pay level.