Location: St. Louis, MO
The Recruiter will identify, attract and hire future members of our workforce, actively leading, supporting and implementing Ameren’s diversity recruiting strategies and efforts. Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with hiring managers to understand their needs, develop a comprehensive recruitment strategy and facilitate all aspects of the hiring process (including candidate sourcing/screening, selection, offer presentation/negotiation, and preliminary onboarding). Proactively communicate with hiring managers and candidates throughout the process.
- Proactively source qualified candidates, ensure a diverse candidate pool, and build networks/pipelines to ensure that critical positions can be filled quickly. Identify new and creative candidate sources (to complement traditional/existing sources).
- Actively lead, support and implement Ameren’s diversity recruiting strategies and efforts.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and share best practices (related to candidate sources, diversity recruiting, candidate pipelining, etc.) with team members.
- Ensure that the hiring process is conducted in a values-based and defensible manner. Ensure that the appropriate process and selection related documentation is completed and maintained. Stay abreast of legal and regulatory requirements associated with the employee selection process.
- Collaborate with HR team members to ensure that job descriptions are marketable and clear and that position qualifications are aligned with the responsibilities of the role. Thoroughly pre-screen candidates to ensure that they meet the requirements of the position. Present a high quality slate of candidates to the hiring manager for consideration.
- Participate on and/or lead projects designed to improve processes.
- Collaborate with HR peers, hiring managers, and other stakeholders to identify creative solutions to challenging recruiting issues (for example, hard to fill positions, difficulty recruiting to remote work locations, etc).
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required.
Three or more years of full-cycle recruiting experience required.
Experience recruiting within a large corporate environment preferred.
Other: Must demonstrate business acumen, including the ability to articulate business priorities and issues to potential candidates. Ability to think through creative, business-oriented solutions to recruiting challenges. Strong communication, networking and consultation skills. Ability to build relationships and work effectively with peers and all levels of leadership. Strong working knowledge of an applicant tracking system (preferably PeopleSoft), MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel required. Uncompromising integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
*Salary depends on candidate’s credentials and market rate.