Req. # 12144
Location: Marion, IL
**Due to the pending transaction to divest AER, AER employees will not be considered for this position**
The Engineer provides technical support to substation maintenance personnel on maintenance problems. Key responsibilities include:
- Respond to substation outages to assist restoration as necessary.
- Coordinate testing program to assure necessary PM tasks are completed as required by internal and external requirements.
- Provide support to substation maintenance personnel for commissioning and checkout of new substation equipment.
- Prepare minor design changes as needed to restore equipment to service.
- Prepare failure reports on substation equipment.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university required. Professional Engineer License or active commitment to obtain one also required.
Two or more years of utility experience with specific knowledge of substation equipment such as transformers, switchgear and breakers preferred.
Proficiency in Windows-based software such as Access and Excel preferred. Good analytical, decision-making, communication, and human relations skills required.
*Technical career path level depends upon applicant's credentials.