Title: Financial Specialist
Location: St. Louis, MO-Collinsville
The Financial Specialist is responsible for reviewing, analyzing and interpreting accounting, financial and statistical data relative to specific accountancy aspects such as corporate budgeting/forecasting, operations and maintenance, accounts payable, plant and regulatory accounting, etc. Key responsibilities include:
- Produce internal financial/operational reports on a monthly basis for the Merchant Generation management.
- Perform variance analysis by legal entity and business line as related to internal and external reporting needs including statistical information regarding the current business performance of the operations for Merchant Generation.
- Advise and instruct the business lines in the proper application of accounting and budgeting rules or procedures.
-Prepare and facilitate completion of budgets for the business lines, as necessary.
- Provide guidance and issue resolution to business lines on financial systems.
- Prepare Key Performance Indicators and complete Performance Management packages on a quarterly basis for Ameren’s business lines, as necessary.
- Prepare external regulatory filings with the FERC and DOE, as needed.
- Act as a resource for the Merchant Generation Business Line customers specifically AEM, EEI and AER-Controllers in preparation of annual budgets and for inclusion in Corporate Budget system.
- Maintain quality internal controls in accordance with Ameren policies.
- Perform special financial and accounting projects as assigned including answering inquiries from auditors, management, regulatory, business lines and others. Participate in cross-functional teams to improve existing, and create new, procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university required. CPA required. MBA or Master’s Degree preferred.
Three or more years of accounting experience required, including a thorough knowledge of financial reporting, accounting principles, standards, methods, procedures, classification of accounts and regulatory reporting requirements. Utility industry experience is preferred.
Strong analytical skills required, including the ability to identify, analyze and research financial issues. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization, especially VPs, also required. Must be able to manage multiple projects at one time. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications required.
*Salary depends upon individual credentials and position market pay level.