Req. # 10579
Title: Shift Supv I
Location: Bartonville, IL
The Shift Supervisor I is responsible for supervising bargaining unit personnel engaged in the safe and efficient operation of Edwards Power Station. Key responsibilities include:
-Determine appropriate staffing needs for the upcoming shift and fill vacancies in accordance with the labor agreement.
- Ensure that the labor agreement is administered accurately and participate in the grievance process.
- Make available daily forms and other information regarding operation and station status to station management.
- Oversee issuance of protective permits and tags in accordance with established procedures.
- Visually inspect work sites and equipment operation to assure that the usage of resources and work group objectives are met and checked.
- Write job requests for equipment repair and follow up on repair status.
- Supervise and monitor station operation with an awareness of current station conditions as they relate to operating requirements.
- Identify problems and assess options to make decisions on an appropriate response.
- Assist in plant operators' training to increase plant efficiency and assure the necessary skill development in employees.
- Direct personnel in emergency or abnormal situations to ensure employees' safety and restore plant availability in a timely manner.
- Establish, monitor and revise priorities for all departments as necessary to avoid or reduce any potential load reduction or derates.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree related to power plants or power operations OR two or more years on-the-job technical training OR completion of the Navy Nuclear Power Program through Prototype school preferred.
Experience: Five years power station or industrial environment experience required. Three years supervisory experience in power plant or industrial union environment preferred.
Other: Good decision making, communication, leadership, problem-solving skills, and an understanding of heavy industry operations fundamentals required. The successful candidate must be able to promote change, demonstrate innovative thinking skills, exhibit employee development abilities, and have a general understanding of the concepts of planning and scheduling. After preliminary review, selected applicants must take the First Line Supervisor Test and obtain a recommended status in order to be eligible for additional selection procedures (e.g., interview) designated for this position. Requires working a rotating shift.