Req. # 11973
Title: Database Specialist III
Location: St. Louis, MO-Collinsville
This Application Database Administration role will be responsible for designing, documenting, installing, configuring and supporting databases associated with Ameren Illinois’ Advanced Metering Program. This program includes the installation of new applications, data analytics and enterprise services bus integrations leveraging Oracle and SQL Server databases. Large data sets will be captured, stored, shared and analyzed as a result of this program (i.e. Big Data). This is a unique opportunity for an Application DBA to be on the ground floor in a critical project team role that will result in the transformation of day-to-day utility operations and customer interactions through the implementation of smart grid technologies. Key responsibilities include:
- Focus on database design and the ongoing support and administration of databases for Ameren Illinois Advanced Metering Program.
- Write and debug complex SQL and understand the best ways to incorporate database requests into application programs.
- Perform database change management, tune for performance, install patches and upgrades, and identify ways to exploit new product features.
- Support production operations for 7x24 applications. Position requires periodic on-call rotation, off-hour support, and remote administration.
- Collaborate with Cyber Security, Development and Operations resources to integrate database controls to ensure the security and data privacy of the solutions deployed.
- Provide technical leadership and support of business continuity and disaster recovery database environments.
- Research developments and trends in the industry and maintain professional expertise to assist in technology planning and influence the technology standards deployed. Apply existing and emerging product features and technologies to enhance IT and business operations.
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent computer related degree from an accredited college or university required.
Experience: Ten or more years of experience in Information Systems required. Five or more years of experience in supporting and/or consulting large concurrent software development projects required. Five or more years of experience in tuning at the database and application level required. Application development/database administration experience required. Experience in SQL, PL/SQL, query, reporting, and OLAP tools required. Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements required. Strong dimensional and relational data modeling and database design skills required.
Other: Effective project management skills required. Experience in client/customer relation management preferred. Experience in leading large projects from planning phase through completion preferred. Must have good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Must be a sound decision maker with strong leadership skills.