AMEREN, St. Louis, MO
Real Estate Agent
Req. # 11148
This position will be located in St. Louis.
The Real Estate Agent negotiates and successfully closes purchases and sales of real estate in fee and also negotiates and
acquires easements, contracts, leases, rentals, permits, licenses, and agreements in support of the legal and business
interests of the corporation. Key responsibilities include:
- Obtain legal or deed descriptions, and sales price information for appraisals from public records.
- Prepare appraisals, opinions and recommendations of Fair Market Value of property for the purposes of the purchase and
sale of fee property interests, and in acquiring and granting easements, leases, licenses, permits and construction-related
- Examine and comprehend title policies, certificates or commitments, and abstracts of title.
- Investigate and perform quantitative site and route selection analysis for major land purchases and to make recommendations
- Successfully negotiate and prepare legal instruments for the acquisition or disposal of fee property interests, easements,
leases, licenses, permits, agreements, and property damages.
- Interpret and assess the regulations of municipal, county, state and federal jurisdictions and commissions to negotiate
with elected and appointed officials in determining corporate compliance requirements.
- Read and comprehend engineering drawings and plats.
- Provide testimony on behalf of the company in eminent domain proceedings and other legal matters.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or
university in Business, Economics, Engineering, Management, or Real Estate preferred.
Two or more years' experience in real estate required.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel required. Basic understanding of law, engineering, surveying, appraisals and
contracts also required. The Real Estate Agent works in both an office and field environment. Must be available to meet
customers and attend meetings after normal business hours. Must have reliable transportation as travel is required.