The following criteria are established for these awards:
· Applicant must be a full–time or part-time degree or certificate seeking student at Kaskaskia College and must possess a high school diploma or GED certificate before the beginning of the fall semester for which the scholarship will be awarded.
· Applicant must submit a brief online application and a letter addressed to the James P. McKenna Family explaining unmet financial need, career goals, and how the scholarship funds would be used to overcome barriers to achieving those goals.
· There will be five awards for $700 each given to five different recipients who will be restricted to those applicants who are not receiving more than two other Foundation Scholarships for the same time period.
· The award will be divided equally between the fall and spring semesters and will be credited to the recipient’s account for tuition, fees, books, and course related supplies that are purchased through the Kaskaskia College Bookstore, childcare provided by the Kaskaskia College Children’s Learning Center, and meal cards to be used in the Kaskaskia College Cafeteria.
· To remain eligible for the spring semester, the recipient must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher.