Program Mission Statement & Goals
The mission of the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program at Kaskaskia College is
to provide comprehensive educational opportunities that will enable the graduate
to become an entry-level sonographer. The program is designed to develop and instill
a sense of obligation in the student to become a contributing member to the profession.
- To offer the students the opportunity to deepen and broaden themselves intellectually through a balanced academic program.
- To produce skilled medical sonographers who apply acceptable principles and techniques within the field of Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- To provide students with both academic and clinical instruction in the field of Diagnostic Medical Sonography in order to meet the employment needs of the student and the medical community.
- To instill in the students a sense of their obligation as a professional to the patient and to becoming a contributing member within the field of Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- To prepare the student to sit for the National Examination of the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography or American Registry of Radiologic Technologist.