Community and Continuing Education
Kaskaskia College is proud to serve the lifelong learning needs of our district. Continuing and Community Education is all about providing classes, workshops and other learning opportunities to enrich lives.
Continuing and Community Education is for active, curious, and continually learning adults, adolescents and children. Great opportunities are provided for people to get together and participate in programs designed to be socially rewarding, stimulating, and thought provoking. A variety of non-credit and credit classes and activities are offered on a monthly basis throughout the year. There are no exams, homework assignments or grades -- just the opportunity to learn for learning's sake. Programs are coordinated to reflect the needs and the interests of the community college population. These programs are changing, as needs and interest are also changing, but include; academic enrichment, health and fitness, computers, dance, history, crafts, hobbies, personal enrichment, and professional development. It is the goal of the department to assist students in obtaining courses to update their skills, reach their educational and cultural goals.
Want to teach a course?
As the Department of Continuing and Community Education expands its offerings, more part-time instructors are needed to teach courses. Courses are offered for community members of all ages. Depending on your expertise, you can teach in our continuing and community education programs. In a typical year, more than 200 programs are offered on topics ranging from gardening to creating an investment portfolio and from starting a new business to surfing the Internet. We'd also appreciate your suggestions for other classes you might be able to teach.
Instructors are paid by the hour.
For information on becoming a part-time instructor, contact the Continuing and Community Education Department at 618.545.3255.
Kaskaskia College is proud to serve the lifelong learning needs of our district. Community outreach programs are offered throughout the Kaskaskia College District in both credit and non-credit areas.
- Non-credit offerings include a variety of programs that provide personal development in a number of skill areas such as musical instruments, health and wellness, and creative arts. Download our short Community Education Registration Sheet now and get started!
- Professional continuing education such as Teacher Re-certification and other professional continuing educational opportunities provide a service to area professionals.
- Kaskaskia College is an approved provider for both continuing education units (CEU’s) and continuing professional development units (CPDU’s) for the Illinois State Board of Education teacher recertification program. We offer a fall, spring and summer program series that supports all eleven knowledge and skill areas.
We are proud to offer various workshops and classes for Continuing Professional Development Units during each academic semester and during the summer. They are scheduled to be working-teacher-friendly. They are in the evenings, weekends and summer semesters, as well as online.
Kaskaskia College is pleased to offer several online courses for educators. These courses are available through our Ed2Go Program.
- KICK (Kids in College at Kaskaskia) children's classes are scheduled during the summer.
- Customized classes for specific groups are also offered.
The Kaskaskia College Continuing and Community Education staff is dedicated to serving our students to ensure their academic success. It has been noted that life-long learning is imperative to one’s personal health and intellectual growth. It is part of the Kaskaskia College mission to provide such learning opportunities and experiences for our students.
For more information or for help getting started contact Cydney Richardson.