Kaskaskia College's Teachership Academy is a ten-month professional developmental opportunity for both full- and part-time faculty. It is designed to provide faculty a learning experience that focuses on the Teaching and Learning environment as well as an opportunity to implement what they have learned through an Action Research Project. The goals of the Teachership Academy are to:
1) Enhance teachership.
2) Enhance student learning.
3) Enhance collegiality.
3) Promote mentorship.
The The purpose of the Kaskaskia College’s Teachership Academy is to promote individualized excellence in teaching and learning through collaboration, exploration of best practices, and shared conversations with KC faculty and administration.
v A Coordination of efforts for the following:
• Title III (2009 - 2014 - post grant continuation
• Adjunct faculty project – ongoing AQIP Project
• Extension of our In-service days (5 per year) and adjunct evenings/Saturday (3 per year)
• Promotion of our faculty courses and workshops (INST 135 and BB 9)
v To offer an opportunity for professional growth and development for all faculty: full- and part-time
v To foster an atmosphere of lifelong learning