AMEREN, Decatur, IL
Req. # 11661
Location: Decatur, IL
The Occupational Health Nurse is responsible for providing health services to Ameren and Contractor employees at the
Energy Centers. This position also serves as a liaison between the employees, Energy Center Management, Corporate
Safety Services, third party administrators and medical consultants. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide direct medical care to employees/contractors with work-related injuries and illnesses in accordance with
the Medical Directives.
- Advise employees/contractors on personal health decisions and the need for physician/community medical referral
resulting in reduced time away from the work site and decreased health insurance costs.
- Respond and Support Medical Emergencies as necessary.
- Present training on health-related topics.
- Manage first aid and Trauma Kit supplies and equipment.
- Provide support for the Employee/Contractor Substance Abuse Program.
- Manage Medical records in accordance with Ameren Policies and by OSHA standards.
- Support Annual OSHA Health Testing.
- Lead Energy Center wellness programs.
- Conduct Weld Inspector vision exams.
- Manage work related injury and illness cases and coordinate with third party administration on those cases.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of R.N. Certificate required. Bachelor of Science of in
Nursing preferred. Must hold a current nursing license with the Missouri State Board of Nursing and a Basic
Cardiac Life Support Certification (BCLS).
Minimum two years Occupational Health experience required.
Computer skills which include Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, Spectrum/Prism, etc. Ability to dispense over the
counter medicine. Ability to utilize the EAR Fit Testing. Ability to administer Respiratory Fit Testing.
Must possess good analytical, communication and human relation skills. Must meet the highest standard of integrity