Alumni and Friends Fitness Trail
The Kaskaskia College Alumni & Friends Fitness Trail opened in April 2012. The trail is 8’ wide and 0.8 mile long (including the East Trailhead connection) and features ten fitness stations.
The trail is open to the general public, seven days a week from dawn to dusk. No class enrollment or usage fee is required. Please be aware it is your responsibility to review and familiarize yourself with the trail and fitness station usage instructions and to use the trail and equipment in a responsible manner. Usage of the trail and fitness station equipment is at your own risk.
The Fitness Trail received funding assistance through the federally funded Recreational Trails Program administered by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. Locally, major funding was provided by the Kaskaskia College Alumni & Friends Association with additional support coming from fitness station sponsors, bench sponsors, groups and individuals.
- Walking, running, roller-blading and bicycling.
- The trail is accessible to persons in wheelchairs, including motorized wheelchairs.
- Leashed pets are permitted, but leashes must be less than six feet long - please clean up after your pet.
- No unauthorized motor vehicles or all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) allowed on the trail at any time.
- No horses or horseback riding allowed.
- No alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, fireworks or firearms allowed.
- Bicyclists and other wheeled users should yield to pedestrians.
- Stay to the right except when passing.
- Always look ahead and behind before passing.
- Pass slower traffic on the left; announce passing.
- Move to the edge of the trail when stopped to allow others to pass.
- Yield when entering or crossing the trail.
- All trail users should be respectful of other users regardless of their mode, speed or level of skill.
- Please keep the trail clean - use trash receptacles as provided
The KC Alumni & Friends Fitness Trail is an American Heart Association designated Walking Path.