Facts and Accreditations
Kaskaskia College Facts
- Kaskaskia College offers Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of General Studies, Associate in Engineering Science, Associate in Fine Arts-Music, and 47 vocational associate degree programs. In addition, the college also offers 102 vocational certificate programs.
- Kaskaskia College offers programs in liberal arts and general studies; programs and courses in occupational, semi-technical, and technical education, leading directly to employment; and programs and courses in continuing education, community service, and personal development.
- Kaskaskia College received the maximum full accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Kaskaskia College serves approximately 12,000 students annually.
- Kaskaskia College District #501 encompasses all or part of Clinton, Marion, Washington, Bond, Fayette, Jefferson, Madison, Montgomery, and St. Clair counties in rural south-central Illinois. The district includes 2,231 square miles and 131,000 residents in the nine-county district.
- With education centers in Trenton, Salem, Greenville, Nashville and Vandalia and extension centers throughout the district, Kaskaskia College takes education to the people!
Students and Faculty
- 100% of full-time general education faculty hold a master’s degree or higher.
- The student to faculty ratio is 21:1, which allows for individualized attention and focus on the success of each student.
- 57% of the approximately 10,000 credit students who attend Kaskaskia College are female and 43% are male.
KASKASKIA COLLEGE HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE:
- Illinois Community College Board
- Illinois Board of Higher Education
- Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Illinois State Board of Education
AND IS ACCREDITED BY:
- The Higher Learning Commission, 2300 S. LaSalle St. Chicago, IL
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
- Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association (Dental Assisting
- Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
- Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations (Associate Degree Nursing, Practical Nursing)
- Illinois Department of Public Health (Certified Nurse Assistant and Rehabilitation)
- National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (Automotive Technology)
LICENSED BY the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations (Cosmetology)
Higher Learning Commission:
Kaskaskia College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participating Institution of the Higher Learning Commission
Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1411