Req. # 12124
Title: Program Management Consultant I
Location: St. Louis, MO
The Program Management Consultant I is responsible for establishing and maintaining project management tools, configurations and project data repositories. Serves as the IT Subject Matter Expert (SME) for project management tools and data repositories. Ensures configuration and structural integrity in support of Project Management Office (PMO) activities, initiatives and established processes. Works under the direction/guidance of the PMO Supervisor and the PMO staff. Leads project management of small projects. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide on-request assistance to IT Users soliciting general information regarding PMO services, best practices documentation, tools usage, etc.
- Lead small projects with minimal guidance typically nine months or less in duration, to include financial resource accountability
- Provide functional tool support. Maintain functional tool configuration and documentation, and serve as the PM tool expert.
- Provide assessment of overall capabilities of approved project management toolset to accomplish (current and planned) PMO initiatives. Recommend changes and enhancements to either address deficiencies or update. Build various PMO reporting solutions to address identified reporting requirements.
- Assist project managers in the preparation of project information regarding financial, schedules and status for presentation materials for larger projects
Education: Associates degree from an accredited university or college in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Accounting or Engineering or equivalent degree required.
Experience: Four years of experience in project coordination and project financials required. Familiarity with project management methodology and concepts preferred
Other: Proficiency with MS Project or Primavera Project Management software is preferred. Technical background in IT development, IT infrastructure, Accounting or Engineering preferred. Strong communication, organization, and human relations skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees.