Req. # 12116
Title: Busn & Community Affairs Coord
Location: St. Louis, MO
The Business & Community Affairs Coordinator is primarily responsible for serving as the primary community relations, municipal and commercial customer contact for Ameren Missouri, as well as building and maintaining positive relationships with the public and developing and effectuating integrated business objectives focusing on positively improving customer and community relations. Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as key contact person for municipalities and 2nd tier commercial and residential customers, as well as information liaison to municipalities and special needs customers during an outage.
- Understand attitudes, issues and concerns of the community and apply knowledge of community issues to contribute to and effectively recommend formulation or modification to Company policies and procedures. Gather information on local issues affecting Ameren Missouri’s reputation. Partner with customers and municipalities to help develop Ameren Missouri’s strategic direction.
- Maintain active involvement on committees, board of directors, and participate in the many functions in the communities on behalf of Ameren Missouri management
- Lead the promotions of any and all rebates or community programs.
- Advocate, build relationships, develop communications and serve as communication arm with local governmental officials including mayors, city administrators, county commissioners, legislative representatives and state senators on behalf of Ameren Missouri.
- Run electric rate comparisons for mid-size customers as needed, and provide explanation of rates and educate how to better manage load based on our rate structure.
- Serve as the company’s representative and liaison with customers concerning Ameren’s services including rates, riders, charges, products and services.
- Communicate Ameren’s regulatory positions, including tariff changes, and enlist business customers’ support for those positions if needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or related field from an accredited college or university required.
Experience: Five or more years of relevant customer and/or community relations experience required. Previous customer service or customer relationship management required (consumer and/or commercial). Experience working with municipal or city government required. Experience in public speaking required. Either knowledge of or experience in field operations preferred. Either knowledge of or experience in a utility preferred.
Other: Proficiency with MS Office Suite required. Working knowledge of Ameren systems including DOJM and OAS preferred.
See Ameren website to apply.