Req. # 12059
Title: Sr Training Supervisor
Location: Decatur, IL
The Senior Training Supervisor is responsible for supervising, leading, and instructing journeyman/apprentice linemen and other operations personnel enrolled in on-going programs. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide instruction and training on a variety of topics associated with the construction and maintenance of electric distribution necessary for achieving skill improvement and maintaining job qualifications.
- Plan, develop, schedule, present, and revise associated lesson plans with emphasis on the integration of safe work practices into training programs.
- Evaluate apprentice performance for the purposes of advancement or disqualification including discipline or dismissal from the apprenticeship in accordance with the terms of the apprenticeship agreements.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal and external customers.
- Supervise Ameren and contractor line crews during emergency situations.
- Travel throughout Illinois to deliver training.
- Monitor employee performance during training and/or on-the-job and provide coaching and feedback to enhance performance. Evaluate trainee performance through observation, testing and assessment to determine if the trainee is performing at the appropriate level to carry out the daily duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Participate or lead various team initiatives in which process knowledge can be leveraged.
- Form relationships with internal and external clients to proactively identify performance gaps and offer the client potential solutions. Provide consultative/advisory services.
- Serve as a resource for issues related to Energy Delivery’s systems and/or job processes following the completion of the training program.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training materials/programs and develop and/or implement the modifications necessary to ensure continuous improvement.
Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required. Ten or more years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of Degree.
Experience: Five or more years of relevant operations experience (e.g., Electrical Operations or Construction, Electrical Engineering; Smart Grid applications/programming and/or Substations) required. Supervisory or team/project leadership preferred.
Other: Knowledge of Ameren Safety Rules, OSHA regulations, and Ameren construction standards preferred. Must obtain and maintain a Class A Commercial Drivers License. Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency relating to the following areas: overhead and underground electric distribution construction and maintenance; read and interpret construction drawings, and use of related material and equipment. After preliminary review, selected applicants must take the First Line Supervisor Test and obtain a recommended status in order to be eligible for additional selection procedures (e.g., interview) designated for this position.