Req. # 11810
Title: Gas SCADA Specialist
Location: Springfield, IL
The Gas SCADA Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining the technology utilized to dispatch, control, and operate the Ameren Gas Control systems in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner. Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system, in a manner consistent with providing the highest availability and reliability.
- Maintain Pressure Monitoring and Data Acquisition system to assure proper reporting of compliance pressure monitoring.
- Maintain off-site emergency backup systems to adequately support operations.
- Add and expand the SCADA system database and displays as needed to meet expanding infrastructure and enhance system operations.
- Maintain SCADA and Pressure Monitoring system master stations including hardware, operating systems, networking, communications equipment, databases, user interface (HMI), and other specialized equipment.
- Assure adherence to standards and regulations governing control room operation, maintenance, change management, alarm management, and user interface.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with affiliate groups within the Ameren Gas organization. Provide a direct interface, coordination, and knowledge transfer as needed for planning and maintenance activities.
- Continue to stay proficient in technology areas used within the Gas Control systems such as: UNIX/LINUX, Microsoft software, database applications, hardware, networking, and security.
Education: High School Diploma required. Bachelor's degree or two year technical degree preferred.
Experience: Five years' of experience with control systems (e.g., telemetry, remote terminal units, transmitters, etc.) required. Experience in the natural gas industry preferred.
Other: Proficiency with MS Office with demonstrated ability in Excel and Access required. Proven skills with UNIX/LINUX and Windows operating systems, database, and networking systems. Experience with process control instrumentation required. This position will be required to be on 24 hour call duty and respond to system emergencies. Minimal travel required.