Req. # 12019
Title: Associate Engineer
Location: St. Louis, MO
The Associate Engineer (IT) provides engineering design, implementation, and support for hardware and software users of the Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), Mobile Voice and Data Radio network, Wireless Network, SCADA networks, Smart Grid networks, cabling and fiber infrastructure. Key responsibilities include:
- Determine the hardware and software requirements for a project, evaluate alternatives, and make recommendations. Provide field assistance in the installation of the project.
- Provide engineering assistance in the development and support of smart grid automation.
- Responsible for one or more high technical specialty areas of infrastructure technologies. Has some general knowledge of numerous technologies.
- Provide engineering assistance in the daily operation and support of the Ameren IT networks.
- Provide some project management support. May lead and participate in the implementation of various IT engineering projects. Provides cost estimates and schedules for all projects with the support and direction of other team members. Manages small sized projects.
- Research and evaluate new developments and trends in the computer, telecommunications, and power industry to determine company hardware and software standards, and to maintain professional expertise.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university required.
Experience in any of the following areas preferred but not required: CISCO routers, switches, and related equipment, LAN’s, WAN’s, firewalls, internetworking, data communications, mobile voice and data radio, multiplexing, IP based wireless networks, SCADA networks, Smart Grid networks, wireless technologies, and WAN data and voice services, and office and data center cabling infrastructure.
Must possess excellent communication, problem solving, organization, and human relations skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and outside vendors/contractors. Must also be able to produce exceptional results while working independently or as a team member.
*Technical career path level depends upon applicant’s credentials.