Req. # 12031
Title: Communications Executive
Location: Springfield, IL
The Communications Executive reports to a Supervisor, Communications and is responsible for effectively communicating with our employees, customers, general public, and other interest groups in Illinois on issues and updates relating to the Ameren Illinois Company. Key responsibilities include:
- Research, write and edit a wide range of clear and effective communications promoting internal and external awareness of company initiatives and performance.
- Assist with the development and management of communication plans for Ameren Illinois.
- Provide communications support to corporate management and the Community and Public Relations team,
- Inform employees on issues, updates and other matters they need to know relating to Ameren Illinois.
- Manage Ameren Illinois' reputation through execution of an effective media relations strategy.
- Build relationships with reporters and thought leaders, and generate earned media coverage for Ameren Illinois initiatives.
- Draft and distribute media releases, advisories and talking points.
- Prepare internal executive team members and subject matter experts to articulate Ameren Illinois' public messages.
- Respond to media inquiries and update media on status of outages & storms.
- Pitch Ameren Illinois news to trade publications, blogs, and verticals.
- Provide communications support for departments and programs (i.e. Energy Efficiency, Kids ActonEnergy, etc.)
- Support field communications and help build positive relationships with communities and stakeholders
- Work safely and in compliance at all times with legal, regulatory, and ethical standards.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
Five or more years of relevant professional level experience (e.g., Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, etc.) required. Experience in public relations in the electric and natural gas utility industry is preferred. Media relations experience preferred. Demonstrated business writing capabilities preferred.
Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.) applications required. Demonstrated proficiency in speech and written communications required. Proficiency in advising senior management in communications required. Proven ability to work independently and as a team member required.