Req. # 11955
Title: Operator Supervisor
Location: Fulton, MO
The Operating Supervisor supervises the operation of Callaway Plant in accordance with approved procedures so as to ensure the safe, legal and efficient operation of the unit. Key responsibilities include:
- Review and revise Operations Department procedures. Perform cross-disciplinary reviews of non-operations procedures.
- Assume ERO duties in accordance with Callaway Plant Radiological Emergency Response Plan (RERP) including responding to the plant within the required RERP response time. Act as Fire Brigade Leader.
- Perform technical review of Temporary Modifications, Callaway Modification Packages, Requests for Resolutions, Callaway Director changes, licensing document changes, and design document changes for applicability to Operations Department procedures and processes.
- Set, reinforce, and communicate high standards; promote teamwork and excellence; foster good nuclear, radiological, human performance, and industrial safety behaviors; provide appropriate coaching to workers; implement performance improvement initiatives; actively participate in training and development of workers; develop and broaden the skills of workers; oversee on-the-job training; support self-assessments, corrective actions, root causes, etc.
- Evaluate employees on areas such as performance, attitude, behavior and knowledge. Discipline employees for misconduct or failure to perform their work as assigned.
- Interface with all nuclear departments, contractor personnel, manufacturer's representatives and other company personnel as required to support work on plant equipment and systems, implementation of plant modifications, license document changes, RFRs and procedure revisions.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Four or more years nuclear power plant experience required. Nuclear operations experience preferred. Current or previous SRO license preferred.
Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and have the ability to supervise and motivate personnel. Must be dependable and possess good human relations characteristics. Security screening is required for Callaway Plant. After preliminary review, selected applicants must take the First Line Supervisor Test and obtain a recommended status in order to be eligible for additional selection procedures (e.g., interview) designated for this position.