Req. # 11903
Title: Supervisor, Hydro Safety/QMS
Location: Keokuk, MO
This position will be based out of the Keokuk Plant (may consider Osage Plant as a base location).
The Hydro Safety/QMS Supervisor develops, administers, and implements safety programs and is responsible for coordinating the continuing development, implementation and refinement of the Ameren Quality Management (QM) System for Ameren’s three hydro plants and will require frequent travel to the other Hydro plants. Key responsibilities include:
- Review and interpret Federal, State and local safety, health and fire regulations.
- Work with applicable Ameren departments and contractors to develop and implement personnel safety programs. Observe work in progress to determine whether safety programs are effective and when necessary, coach personnel to ensure compliance with programs/policies.
- Assist with asbestos abatement/cleanup projects, perform job task safety analysis, and participate in safety committees and meetings when requested. Interact with Federal, State, and local agencies, professional organizations, trade organizations, and regulatory proceedings as assigned.
- Serve as a resource to the Hydro Safety Steering Committees, line management, and the workforce to assist in the organization's efforts to maintain and continuously improve personnel safety. Evaluate industry practices and company experience to continue to improve safety activities. Serve as a point of contact for issues pertaining to OSHA.
- Assure that Ameren’s hydro generating facilities are designed, operated and maintained in a manner that places the highest regard on employee and asset safety. Advise plant leadership of any deviation from Generation’s safety, regulatory or compliance commitments. Advise senior leadership of critical issues that require immediate attention.
- Develop, review and/or revise quality management procedures. Ensure that these procedures and/or other aspects of the quality management program are effectively communicated within the hydro plants. Facilitate and/or participate in quality management training programs.
Education: Associate’s Degree in Industrial Safety or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or a related discipline, from an accredited college or university required. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or other safety related certification preferred. ISO 9001 certification preferred. May consider extensive specific power plant experience in lieu of Degree.
Experience: Ten or more years power plant industry experience in construction, operations or maintenance preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
Other: Strong working knowledge of electrical utility practices and electrical safety, accident investigations, OSHA regulations, regulatory audits, accident reduction principles, safety training methods, industrial hygiene, injury record keeping, and fire protection preferred. Good analytical, communication, and human relations skills required. After preliminary review, selected applicants must take the First Line Supervisor Test and obtain a recommended status in order to be eligible for additional selection procedures (e.g., interview) designated for this position. This position is subject to emergency call-outs and off normal hours.