Req. # 11854
Title: Engineer (IT)
Location: Fulton, MO
The IT Engineer provides engineering design, implementation, and support for hardware and software users of the Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), Mobile Voice Radio network, and Wireless Networks at our Callaway Energy Center and other Missouri Fossil Energy Centers. Key responsibilities include:
- Determine the hardware and software requirements for a project, evaluate alternatives, and make recommendations. Provide field assistance in the installation of the project.
-Provide TCP/IP network integration and support in DCS networks
- Provide engineering assistance in the daily operation and support of the Ameren IT networks at Callaway and Ameren Missouri Generation facilities.
- Provide engineering assistance in the development and support of wireless projects at generation facilities.
- Will provide project management support for IT Networking projects.
- Will lead and participate in the implementation of various standardized IT engineering projects. Provides cost estimates and schedules for all projects with the support and direction of other team members.
- Has some general knowledge of numerous IT technologies.
- Research and evaluate new developments and trends in the computer, telecommunications, and power industry to determine company hardware and software standards, and to maintain professional expertise.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university required.
Experience in any of the following areas preferred but not required: CISCO routers, switches, and related equipment, LAN’s, WAN’s, firewalls, internetworking, data communications, mobile voice radio, IP based wireless networks, wireless technologies, and WAN data and voice services.
Must possess excellent communication, problem solving, organization, and human relations skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and outside vendors/contractors. Must also be able to produce exceptional results while working independently or as a team member. Security screening for Callaway Plant access required. Employees must obtain and maintain unescorted access to Callaway Energy Center including radiological controlled areas as a condition of employment. Employee must participate in the Nuclear Fitness for Duty Program.
*Technical career path level depends upon applicant’s credentials.