Req. # 11921
Title: Project Scheduler and Cost Controller
Location: Decatur, IL
The Project Scheduler and Cost Controller – Gas Operations & Services is responsible for planning, scheduling, organizing, supporting, auditing reporting and controlling costs for Gas Operations and Services projects. Key responsibilities include:
- Scheduling projects, reviewing project cost and variance analysis; auditing projects; reviewing and approving purchase orders and contracts; analyzing scope change and design change requests; analyzing progress and productivity and routine cost/scheduling reporting; maintaining cost/scheduling monitoring function on site, as needed, for major projects.
- Assisting with developing project budgets, forecasts, financial analysis and reporting; developing project justifications and statistical analysis; ensuring completion of purchase orders, receipts, contracts, service agreements and other business requirements relating to cost and schedule control.
- Performing CPM scheduling techniques.
- Participating in financial process improvements and projects.
- Assisting with the interpretation and compliance of Ameren's project management procedures to manage Gas projects within the CPOC process.
- Providing assistance with financial planning of projects, financial analysis and project justifications.
- Assisting with the development of reports and presentations to key stakeholders (e.g., Senior Leadership, CPOC, program managers, project leads).
-Providing project management support and expertise to individual project leads as needed.
-Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited University or a Bachelor’s degree in business-related field with significant construction experience required. MBA preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Experience: Five or more years of relevant experience (e.g., project management, engineering or operations, scheduling, budgeting, forecasting, or project accounting) required.
Other: Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word required. Experience with financial applications such as UIP (CBS), Primavera, PowerPlant and API preferred. Experience with EMPRV, TRIS, PeopleSoft and other PC tools preferred. Knowledge of gas transmission/distribution/measurement and control engineering and construction preferred. Proven oral and written communication skills required.