Req. # 11125
Title: Supervisor Electric Operations - Repost
Location: LaSalle, IL
The Supervisor, Electric Operations is responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the electric construction and/or service crews, and the management of their work in accordance with applicable collective bargaining agreements. Their work also includes the daily enforcement of safety rules, HR policies, and resolution of employee
conflict and customer complaints. Key responsibilities include:
- Consistently enforce all safety rules and conduct Job Behavioral Observations with individuals and crews.
- Supervise, develop, and evaluate individuals and crews engaged in the construction and maintenance of the electric distribution system. Provide clear expectations
for their performance.
- Schedule, assign, and direct the workforce in a safe, efficient, and effective manner in accordance with the limitations of any applicable collective bargaining agreements. Manage overtime.
- Coordinate activities with customers, contractors, and other company departments. Monitor to ensure timely completion.
- Efficiently utilize company systems related to work tracking, time reporting, and materials management.
- Consistently enforce HR policies with individuals and crews.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of division and function goals. Identify and implement improvements in division operations to control costs and improve productivity.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering, Construction Management or a business-related field from an accredited
college or university preferred.
Five or more years of relevant experience required, preferably as a journeyman/apprentice in electric and/or gas distribution, construction and maintenance. Will consider five or more years of experience in the planning, analysis, and/or design of electric or gas distribution systems, with district experience preferred. Supervisory or team leadership experience also preferred
Proficiency with general computer skills preferred. Basic knowledge of, OAS, DOJM, Byers, and WPS systems preferred. The Supervisor Electric Operations works a standard day-shift in both an office and field environment. This position is subject to emergency call-outs and/or rotation of standby emergency duty. After preliminary review, selected applicants must take the First Line Supervisor Test and obtain a recommended status in order to be eligible for additional selection procedures (e.g., interview) designated for this position.