Req. # 11684
Location: Urbana, IL
The Engineer is responsible for developing, planning, designing, and executing energy center projects and project management to support operations and maintenance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop safe engineering solutions, cost estimates, project schedules, alternative solutions, economic justifications, budgeting, planning, design, bidding and
- Monitor and inspect assigned equipment. Ensure assigned equipment is maintained and operated per the Design Basis as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Recommend, monitor, and document equipment repairs, modifications, and replacements.
- Perform equipment testing, record and analyze data; recommend corrective and preventative actions.
- Conduct equipment trouble shooting tasks for operations and maintenance.
- Interact with other Ameren groups, vendors, contractors, architect engineering firms, and internal customers.
- Plan and direct maintenance outages.
- Monitor industry practice regarding operation and maintenance of assigned equipment. Develop, revise and review projects as required.
Assist with special projects, special studies and reports.
- Other assigned duties may include, but are not limited to, engineering of boiler tube repairs and modifications, pressure vessel code inspections,
weld procedure administration, boiler inspections/recommendations, analysis of predictive data including vibration, oil analysis, thermography,
steam turbine repairs and modifications, and monitoring of rotating equipment including pumps and fans.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university required.
Professional Engineer (P.E.) License preferred. Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certificate preferred.
Three or more years experience in fossil fuel power plant or relative industry/military experience preferred. Knowledge of ASME and NBIC Code preferred.
Will consider recent graduates.
Must possess good analytical, communication, computer, human relations, and leadership skills. Some travel between power plants and AER headquarters,
subject to call-outs, nights, weekends and/or holiday work.
*Technical Career Path Level depends upon applicant's credentials.