AMEREN, Collinsville, IL
Energy and Utilities
Req. # 11703
Title: Technical Architect-Infrastructure
Location: Collinsville, IL
The Technical Architect - Infrastructure provides architectural design and guidance for Ameren¿s Data
Center infrastructure and requires a broad understanding of the various technologies used in a data
center including: server, storage, mainframe, networking, firewall, and cloud technologies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide technical foundation and subject matter expertise for infrastructure architecture and data
- Develop and document reference architectures, infrastructure blueprints, roadmaps, optimization options,
and migration strategies to facilitate the future state visions.
- Review and provide infrastructure guidance for new project designs that will impact existing standards
and architectural plans.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of IT and OT technologies. Make recommendations
for technologies that provide business value.
- Confer with end-users, clients, or senior management to define business requirements for complex
systems and infrastructure development.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems,
Business Administration, or equivalent computer related degree from an accredited college or university
Five or more years of IT Architecture, Development, Engineering, or Infrastructure Specialist experience
required; eight or more years of experience preferred. Four or more years of experience providing
relevant Infrastructure specific architecture services including planning and design of server, storage,
networking and virtualization solutions required.
Experience with server environments running Microsoft Server 2008 R2 and Redhat Linux 6.x or above
preferred. Experience with Z-Series Mainframe environments running z/OS preferred. Experience with
Virtualization technologies including VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Citrix Xen Server preferred.
Experience with Network Management using HP Openview and Microsoft System Center platforms preferred.
Experience with Storage technologies leveraging fibre channel, SATA, SAS, iSCSI preferred.
Experience with Public, private, and hybrid hosting for SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS solutions preferred.
Experience with Big Data infrastructure leveraging MPP technologies also preferred.
*Salary depends upon individual credentials and position market pay level.