AMEREN, St. Louis, MO
Application Dev Specialist I
Energy and Utilities
Req. # 11754
Title: Applications Dev Specialist l
Location: St. Louis, Mo
The Applications Development Specialist is primarily responsible for designing, programming, implementing
and maintaining computer information systems that provide support for functions within the Company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Under direct supervision and guidance, develops cost-effective information technology solutions by
creating new and modifying existing software applications. May analyze system requirements and existing
business processes and information systems.
- Design, program/develop, implement, and maintain computer information systems to provide support for a
variety of functions within the company relating to confidential and non-confidential matters.
- Ensure data integrity and successful backup and restoration ability, monitor assigned systems and
exercise good project management skills to ensure that changes are successfully implemented and monitored
- Typically assigned to smaller projects of a more narrow scope.
- May represent the department in various meetings.
- Keep abreast of current developments in computer hardware, software, and other office equipment.
Prepare studies and make recommendations regarding utilization of such equipment and software.
- Develops applications in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies
- Monitors and reports to management on project status and outstanding issues.
- Maintain a high degree of integrity to safeguard company position on confidential matters.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering,
or equivalent computer related degree from an accredited college or university required.
Experience: One or more years of relevant applications development experience required.
Other: Working knowledge of Visual Basic .NET, VB6, COBOL, C, JAVA, and PowerBuilder preferred. Working
knowledge of SQL, DB2, Oracle, Sybase, Access, IMS preferred. Must be able to manage multiple priorities
with a high incidence of changing requirements, analyze and clarify ambiguous requests/instructions, meet
very aggressive deadlines and demanding work schedules, and manage large workloads.
The Applications Development Specialist works a standard day-shift in an office environment,
but may also need to work off-hours for project needs, support/upgrade/outage reasons, and systems
implementations. May also be required to carry an on-call pager or cell phone to provide the required
system support (includes 24x7x365).
*Salary depends upon individual's credentials and position market pay level.