AMEREN, St. Louis, MO
Energy and Utilities
Req. # 11725
Title: Instructional Designer
Location: St. Louis, Mo
The Instructional Designer is responsible for all aspects of select safety training programs from needs
assessment and initial design to measurement and reporting. Key responsibilities include:
- Work with subject matter experts, safety professionals, and other key stakeholders to translate business needs into high-impact learning designs (e.g., e-learning, curriculum, tools, workshops, instructor-led training, etc.).
- Design and develop assessments that measure mastery of course material and evaluate ability to perform
job-related tasks. Analyze evaluation data and participate in reviews as part of the quality assurance
process. Make recommendations and implement modifications necessary to ensure continuous improvement.
- Create and manage work plans, communication and implementation plans, and sustainability processes to
support Safety initiatives.
- Form relationships with internal and external clients to proactively identify performance gaps and offer the client potential solutions.
- Perform special assignments and participate on and /or lead project teams in which his/her knowledge
and skills can be leveraged.
Bachelor's Degree, preferably in education or communication, from an accredited college or university
Three or more years instructional design experience required. Training experience along with development
and design of computer- or web-based training required.
Working knowledge of adult learning and instructional design principles, including e-learning, required.
Must have excellent written and oral communications, interpersonal relationships, proactive problem
solving, decision making, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
Ability to work with tight deadlines required. Must be proficient using Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience using graphics software or web-based training programs
(e.g., Articulate, Captivate, Lectora, Illustrator, etc.) preferred. Utility experience preferred.