AMEREN, St. Louis, MO
Req. # 11653
The Financial Specialist is responsible for maintaining Ameren Missouri's Fuel Adjustment Clause and reviewing all
accounting entries pertaining to Ameren natural gas transactions. Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare external regulatory filings with State Public Service Commissions.
- Prepare, analyze and interpret complex accounting, financial and statistical data.
- Assist other departments with issues relating to report inquiries.
- Research Company policy on financial and reporting matters, including monitoring the activities of financial and
regulatory reporting and accounting standard setting agencies.
- Control costs, increase productivity and at all times, safeguard the Company's assets.
- Perform other special financial projects as necessary.
- Contribute to month-end closing.
- Review journal entries, reconciliations and reports.
- Prepare executive-level presentations.
- Interact with all levels of the organization and state regulatory staff.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university required. CPA also required.
Master's Degree preferred.
Three or more years of accounting experience required with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles, standards,
methods, procedures, classification of accounts and regulatory reporting requirements required.
Thorough knowledge of financial reporting, accounting principles, standards, methods, procedures, classification of
accounts and regulatory reporting requirements required.
Strong analytical skills are required, including the ability to identify, analyze and research financial issues.
Strong oral communication and writing skills are also required.
Must be able to exercise judgment and work independently.
Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
Must possess good leadership and human relations skills.