AMEREN, Peoria, IL
Distribution Design Associate
Energy and Utilities
Req. # 11612
This position will be located at the Peoria Distribution Design Center.
The Distribution Design Specialist is primarily responsible for technical design, estimating and system improvements
regarding construction on utility distribution lines and/or mains. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide engineering services on customer requests and projects generated internally, such as reliability, planning,
- Engineer and design facilities needed to provide adequate electric and gas service to residential, commercial,
and industrial customers.
- Create all construction designs in accordance with Company standards and policies. Maintain a thorough understanding of
the Company's Standard and Qualifications and customer billing policies.
- Obtain all required customer approvals, easements, and rights-of-way to prepare and execute service contracts, permits,
releases, plats, and records.
- Assist in the evaluation of new business projects to determine expected revenue, project costs, and customer contributions.
- Make field inspections and prepare material and labor estimates and all plats and drawings for proposed construction,
rehabilitation, relocation, or maintenance of company-owned facilities. Process and complete jobs using various Company
- Maintain a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with the Company's customers, architects, consulting engineers
and internal customers. The primary focus should be related to customer satisfaction.
Education: Associates Degree in a technical field, preferably in computer-aided drafting or engineering technology, required.
Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university preferred. A high school diploma or equivalent and extensive
relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Experience: Three or more years relevant experience (e.g., computer aided drafting, analyzing and interpreting construction
drawings, selecting and specifying material and equipment for electric and gas construction and maintenance projects)
preferred with degree; three years relevant experience required without degree. Design or construction experience on utility
distribution lines and/or mains preferred. Experience working with contractors, customer representatives,
construction personnel, and customers preferred.
Other: Working knowledge of electric and gas standards, procedures and distribution systems preferred.
*Salary/job title dependent upon selected candidate's credentials.