AMEREN, Bartonville, IL
Operations Supervisor, Fuels
The Operations Supervisor, Fuels, supervises, schedules, assigns, coordinates, and instructs Operations personnel with regard
to their safe and efficient performance of duties, attendance and compliance with Company policies, directives,
and procedures. Key responsibilities include:
- Supervise the activities of operations personnel. Ensure that all worker protection safety requirements are in place.
Advocate safety and administer all plant and corporate safety programs including Pre-Job Briefings.
- Coordinate maintenance and operations functions of the coal receiving and coal reclaim areas within the power station.
Assist in the planning and scheduling of maintenance projects and activities in the coal handling area.
- Coordinate the receiving, storing, and conveying of all station coal, optimizing the fuel handling costs.
- Plan and conduct meetings with operations personnel. Research and develop plant improvements by leading/participating on
- Specify and purchase parts and material for jobs and projects. Ensure all parts and materials meet proper
standard/specifications. Create/update Preventative Maintenance, Standard Work Estimates and part lists in the EMPRV program. Update/maintain equipment histories, drawings and technical reference materials.
- Manage project assignments from conception to completion including design, budget, material procurement, layout,
construction, testing, and final job completion reports. Act as liaison with contractors working at the plant.
- Maintain accurate records on all coal handling equipment, both mobile and stationary, to ensure all equipment is
being properly lubricated and maintained. Troubleshoot systems and equipment to maintain availability.
- Work with Ameren Energy Fuels and Services to provide the station with the required quantity and quality of fuels. -
Candidate will be expected to learn the Operations of the generating units of the Plant and qualify as Shift Supervisor I.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical field preferred.
Experience: Five or more years of relevant experience at a power plant or similar heavy industry required.
Experience with computer-based maintenance management systems such as Emprv preferred.
Experience planning, budgeting, and implementing heavy equipment or related industrial maintenance projects and
activities preferred. Supervisory or team leadership experience also preferred. Other: Must possess a thorough
understanding of the maintenance of conveyor systems, hydraulic systems, etc. Good understanding of the concepts of
planning and scheduling, and the ability to read and interpret technical manuals and drawings required. Good decision making,
communication, leadership, problem solving skills and an understanding of heavy industry operations fundamentals also
required. After preliminary review, selected applicants must take the First Line Supervisor Test and obtain a recommended
status in order to be eligible for additional selection procedures (e.g. interview) designated for this position.