One Hope United, Centralia, IL
Restaurant and Food Service
One Hope United is a social service child welfare agency that serves more than 15,000 children and their families in four states.
Although there are countless child welfare agencies across the United States, very few organizations are able to offer the diverse
array of prevention, intervention, and community-based programs and services available through OHU.
Direct and administer food service program to provide children with clean comfortable
surroundings, maintain kitchen area, prepare appetizing food as appropriate and in
accordance with agency policies, menu preparation, order food, ensuring nutritional
meals in accordance with state guidelines.
* Attend related in-service training and staff meetings as required.
* Maintain inventory and safeguard the storage of food, equipment, and supplies
* Prepare meals that are appetizing and nutritional for the children.
* Assist with food preparation as it relates to special events.
* Assist in preparation and maintenance of food reports and records as required by
* Maintain order, sanitation and cleanliness in the serving of food, including eating
utensils, kitchen equipment and storage area.
* Plan, recommend, and carry out suitable and efficient methods of food service,
working within assigned budget.
* Plan and post monthly menus, consulting dietician or nurse on general matters of
nutrition and special diets, assisting teacher/staff as it relates to nutrition.
* Estimate food consumption, requisition purchases and maintain adequate food,
kitchen and dining room supplies including utensils and serving ware, checking
supplies for quality and quantity.
* Prepare all meals, breakfast and lunch for assigned program, complying with
* May direct the work of others.
* Education: High School Diploma or GED
* Experience: Two years or more related experience.
1. Good communication skills.
2. Plannful and Organized.
3. Budget conscious.
Consequence of Error
To apply for this position, please send your resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please indicate “Cook - Centralia” in the subject line.
One Hope United does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
One Hope United is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.