A Wiese Dock Technician will install and service dock equipment at various customer locations. The majority of work is outside and candidates need only apply if they are able to work in the various weather elements. Dock Technicians perform high quality service repairs on all loading dock equipment, examples are dock levelers, dock shelters, dock seals, dock bumpers, overhead doors, and more. This is a full time position, working Monday - Friday. Normal hours are 8:00 - 4:30, but there will be times when overtime may be required to meet customer needs.
At least 2 years of experience working on loading dock equipment is required to be considered for this position. The ideal candidate has strong mechanical and a personal drive to learn and to improve yourself and your skill set.
Specific qualifications for the Dock Technician position include:
- Experience installing and repairing all types of dock equipment such as levelers, restraints, overhead doors, high speed doors, bumpers, shelters, seals etc.
- Experience in welding, electrical schematics and hydraulics
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Ability to provide your own hand tools
- Solid computer skills, particularly data entry
- Strong multitasking and time management skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to lift 75 pounds or more and to crouch and/or crawl in confined areas, and comfortable on ladders up to 40 feet.
Your benefits package as a Dock Technician will include:
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Voluntary short term disability coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Biannual bonus opportunities
- Flexible spending for healthcare and for dependent care
- Vacation, sick, holidays
- Tool insurance
- Paid safety gear