The Kaskaskia College Pre-Engineering curriculum provides a two-year, pre-professional
curriculum which is preliminary to four year degrees in agricultural, aeronautical,
chemical, civil, electrical, geological, industrial, mechanical, computer, and material
- A spring banquet towards the end of the fourth semester of the Pre-Engineering program. Parents, a favorite high school teacher or counselor, KC Board of Trustees, and participating local engineers would be invited.
- A job shadowing experience for half a day with an engineer from a local company.
- The summer internship program with an area engineering firm at the end of the sophomore year or prior to transfer to a university engineering program.
- Assistance in transferring to an Engineering program at the University of choice.
- The formation of a cohort of Pre-Engineering students will occur when students enter their freshman year. A weekly to bi-weekly meeting among the cohort will be established to form a mentoring/tutoring group. This group will work among themselves as well as provide tutoring for any Calculus I or Calculus II students. A mathematics full-time faculty member will be available for assistance if possible.